Funding | Jobs | Conferences | Workshops | Journals
Grants, fellowships, scholarships, and other funding opportunities geared toward or applicable to Southeast Asia studies.
For a full list of Southeast-Asia related scholarships and fellowships, including UHM-specific funding, see our Scholarships page.
Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship, The Nordic Institute of Asian Studies (NIAS)
The Nordic Institute of Asian Studies (NIAS) based at the University of Copenhagen is issuing a call for interested candidates seeking support to submit a Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship. Deadline: July 19, 2021.
UH Mānoa Fulbright U.S. Student Program
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides grant opportunities to conduct research, study, or teach English abroad. As the U.S. Department of State’s flagship international education and exchange program, over 2,200 awards are given annually. The 2022-2023 Competition is now open and the UH Mānoa application Deadline: September 12, 2021.
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
The Fulbright U.S Scholar Program in East Asia and the Pacific is accepting applications for the 2022-2023 academic year. Deadline: September 15, 2021.
Mansfield-Luce Asia Scholars Network
The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation is pleased to announce the recruitment of the second group of scholars for the Mansfield-Luce Asia Scholars Network. This initiative, supported by the Henry Luce Foundation, was launched with our first cohort in 2019 and continues this effort to inform Asia specialists in the United States about growing regional integration in Asia, as well as foster the growth and connectivity of U.S. specialists with the ability to think holistically about the world’s most dynamic and strategically important region. Extended deadline: September 27, 2021.
Singapore Academies ASEAN Fellowship Programme
The Singapore Academies ASEAN Fellowship Programme aims to attract bright postgraduate researchers from ASEAN countries to Singapore research institutions for a 2-year fellowship. Extended deadline: November 30 2021.
- Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy (PhD students)
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship (PhD students)
- Blakemore Freeman Fellowships
- 2021 Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad (GPA) Program
- SEA Junction’s Small Grant Program “Staying Resilient Amid the Pandemic in Southeast Asia”
- 2021 CAORC – INYA Short Term Fellowships for U.S. Graduate Students
- 2021 Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Fellowship
- Rotary Peace Fellowship 2022
- Library of Congress Kluge Fellowship Program
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship: Critical Need Language Award
- Myanmar Students Scholarships, MA programs, Mahidol University Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies
- CKS-LuceSEA Research Fellowship
- Library of Congress Funding
- UH Library Treasures Scholarships
- University of Hawai’i System Common Scholarship Application
- UH Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
- Urgent Student Relief Fund
- Manoa’s CARES Act grants
- AAUW Honolulu Career and Leadership Development Grant
- AAUW Honolulu Academic Scholarship
- EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship (MA and PhD students)
- The Society of Asian Art of Hawai’i Inc. Scholarships
- SEALC-GETSEA Language Exchange Committee Tuition Support