Calls for papers (CFPs) for professional and academic conferences related to the study of Southeast Asia.
Postings are removed after deadlines have passed, and new CFPs are highlighted bi-weekly in our email newsletter.
Have a CFP and/or conference to share? Email us.
2021 National Humanities Conference, November 11-14, 2021, Detroit, Michigan (hybrid)
SPAFACON2021, 13-17 December, 2021 (online)
Call For Papers
CFP: “1972: The War Between North and South Vietnam” April 1-2, 2022, Orange, California.
The Vietnam Center & Sam Johnson Vietnam Archive and Institute for Peace & Conflict at Texas Tech University, and the War and Society Program at Chapman University, are pleased to announce a Vietnam War conference focused on the year 1972.
CFP: Asia Pacific Dance Festival Conference, “Ulana—To Weave or Knit,” August 12-14, 2022
The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa and East-West Center is calling for proposals for the 2022 Asia Pacific Dance Festival Conference themed Ulana – To Weave or Knit.
CFP: International Workshop with Timor-Leste Struggle for Self-Determination
This workshop aims to address the importance of solidarity in the struggle for national liberation of Timor-Leste, conceived as a transnational phenomenon. Organized by Fundação Oriente and Centro de Estudos Sociais Universidade de Coimbra.
Call for Papers: Buddhist Identities in Twenty-First Century Asia, Deadline 1st December 2021. The conference will take place in Cambridge over 8–9th April 2022
The Faculty of Divinity at the University of Cambridge invites scholars to submit proposals for papers for an international conference on the theme of Buddhist identities across twenty-first century Asia. The conference is associated with Cambridge’s Global Humanities Initiative, which aims to develop approaches to the humanities that engage with scholars around the globe and across religious, cultural, linguistic and political borders. The conference will explore the character, changes and challenges of Buddhist identity in contemporary Asian cultures.
Call for recent PhDs and Graduate Student Papers: Therevada Studies Group Meeting, Association of Asian Studies, March 24-27, 2021
The Theravada Studies Group Meeting, as part of the annual Association of Asian Studies meeting, is hosting a series of short presentations showcasing new research by recent PhDs and graduate students who are working on their dissertation. Deadline for proposals: December 15, 2021. You will be notified of the decision by January 5, 2022.
- 2021 SEAREG Summer Conference, University of Arizona, August 12-14, 2021
- 14th International Burma Studies Conferences – Burmavision 2021: Political Crisis, Social Resilience, and Cultural Vibrance in Myanmar, Sept 16-19, 2021
- Cultural Heritage, Digitalisation and Urban Diversity in Asia Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore, September 23-24, 2021
- CAA Imagined Geographies: (trans)regional visual practices in South and Southeast Asia Panel, March 3-5, 2022
- MASSA Symposium: “Malaysia and Singapore under Covid-19 Lockdown.” Asia Institution, University of Tasmania, 11-12 Nov, 2021
- CFP: The 2021 Council on Thai Studies (COTS) conference, November 12-13 at Ohio University (virtual)
- CFP: 21st Annual IGSC Conference: Reimagining Our Shared Future (online)
- CFP: Aquatic Powers: Diving Animals of the Asia Pacific Conference, June 1-3, 2022
- CFP: Conference on “Multiple Decolonialities and the Making of Asian Commons”, February 11 & February 18, 2022)