Conferences | Funding | Jobs | Journals | Workshops, etc.
Assistant Professor of Southeast Asia: Rice University | Deadline: Nov 15, 2023
The Department of Transnational Asian Studies at Rice University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor in the study of Southeast Asia, with a preferred sub-field in Asian-American/Diasporic Studies, Medical Humanities, Environmental Studies, Science and Technology, or the study of Gender and Sexuality. The department priority is to bring in a scholar whose research explores Southeast Asian societies in a variety of contexts, including the different geographies of Southeast Asia (inland, coastal, and maritime) and/or the transnational reach and impact of the people and cultures of that region.
Additional information can be found on the Rice University website [new window]
Deadline: November 15, 2023
Assistant Professor of Southeast Asian and Southeast Asian-American Literatures, Medias, and Cultures: Northern Illinois University | Deadline: December 1, 2023
The Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) and the Department of English at Northern Illinois University (NIU) invite applications for a joint tenure-track Assistant Professor hire in Southeast Asian, Transnational, and Southeast Asian American Literatures, Medias, and Cultures. Successful candidates for this position will present strong evidence of excellence in research and teaching and have the Ph.D. conferred by the start date.
Proficiency in one or more Southeast Asian languages is required. Interest in one or more of the following areas is desirable: theories and politics of race and ethnicity; immigration, diasporic, and/or refugee studies. We are particularly interested in a community-engaged scholar who will develop relationships with Southeast Asian communities in the Greater Chicago area and develop materials appropriate for the Illinois Teaching Equitable Asian American Community History (TEAACH) Act within the Secondary Teacher Licensure program in English Language Arts. The 2/2 course per year teaching load could include teaching opportunities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in Southeast Asian/Asian American Literatures and Medias, World Literature, Postcolonial Literature, and Diverse Literature Special Topics.
Full consideration will be given to all applications received by December 1, 2023. Submit application letter, CV with names and contact information for three academic references, 7,000-10,000 word writing sample, and unofficial transcripts to this portal. In your cover letter, please be sure to address 1) how you meet the language proficiency requirement in a Southeast Asian language and 2) how you will positively contribute to the university’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. Candidates invited to the initial interview round should be prepared to submit three letters of reference at that time. Questions can be addressed to search chair, Dr. Melissa Adams-Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: December 1, 2023
NIU CSEAS Director position, deadline: January 15, 2024
The Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) at Northern Illinois University (NIU) is a multidisciplinary center that serves as the focal point for the study of, and engagement with, Southeast Asia. The Center’s mission includes research and scholarship on the region, educational activities that include language instruction in a wide range of Southeast Asian languages, outreach to the Northern Illinois region and engagement with partners in Southeast Asia on projects of mutual benefit. The center is built around faculty and staff associates drawn from across multiple departments and works in cooperation with related NIU units such as the Center for Burma Studies, the Donn V. Hart Southeast Asia Collection and the Division of International Programs.
The CSEAS was established in 1963 at NIU in DeKalb. Located 60 miles west of Chicago, NIU is a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate university with approximately 16,500 students. NIU is included in the Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive category of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of teaching and is a member of the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges.
The Director of CSEAS, in collaboration with the Assistant Director, CSEAS staff and the CSEAS Council Associates is responsible for promoting and encouraging Southeast Asian Studies at NIU through grant writing and administration, maintaining active connections across departments and with administration at NIU and with other SEA Centers in the U.S. as well as with governments and universities in the region, and through teaching, outreach and fundraising.
Apply Here: https://employment.niu.edu/postings/74683
Cause Leadership Academy (CLA) Internship. Deadline: Jan 28, 2024
The CAUSE Leadership Academy (CLA), is a nine-week paid internship program for college undergraduates and recent graduates that prepares students and recent graduates to lead and advocate for the civic engagement and political empowerment of the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community.
By the end of the program, interns have dramatically increased their confidence to pursue careers in community advocacy, public policy, government affairs, and public interest law. CLA alumni have developed clarity on their academic major and career path, gone on to leadership roles on campus, and shaped legislation and policy.
DATES: June 24th – August 23rd, 2024
To learn more, click here!
| APPLICATION INFORMATION
DEADLINE: Sunday, January 28th, 2024 at 11:59 pm PT
Applicants must complete the application including a letter of recommendation by the date listed above.
To apply, click here!
Instructor/Assistant Professor (Severe Disabilities/Autism) | Deadline: Open until filled.
The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, College of Education, Department of Special Education (SPED) invites applications for Instructor/Assistant Professor position in the area of Severe Disabilities/Autism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Teach special education courses and supervise teacher candidates on all islands via a variety of delivery modes (in-person, distance); serve as cohort coordinator of special education teacher preparation/licensure programs; provide service to the department and college; other duties as assigned.
For more information, visit schooljobs.com [new window]
Previous Job Posts
- SPAFA Vacant Positions
- Lee Kong Chian NUS-Stanford Distinguished Fellowship on Contemporary Southeast Asia
- Rosenberg Institute Scholar, the Rosenberg Institute for East Asian Studies at Suffolk University Boston
- Postdoctoral Associate in Southeast Asian Studies with a focus on Myanmar, Council on Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) at Yale University
- CKS Country Director
- Research Chair on Forced Displacement in Southeast Asia The Regional Centre for Social Science and Sustainable Development (RCSD), Faculty of Social Sciences, Chiang Mai University. (up to 4 1/2 years position)
- Post-Doctoral opportunity with Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI)
- Lead Researcher (Energy) – ISEAS Yusof-Ishak Institute Climate Change in Southeast Asia Programme
- Visiting Fellow (Energy/Agriculture and Food Security) – ISEAS Yusof-Ishak Institute.
- Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) – Thailand Representative and Regional Programme Manager
- LSE SEAC’s Visiting Appointments 2022/23
- Southeast Asian Studies Archives Fellowship Program 2022-2023, The University of Washington Libraries
- SEA Librarian Graduate Research Assistant/Fellowship Position: University of Washington Libraries/ISchool
- Senior Lecturer/ Assoc. Professor at The Gender Studies Programme at the Faculty of Arts and Social Science, Universiti Malaya.
- Research Fellow (RF) and Research Assistant (RA) positions at Singapore Management University
- South and Southeast Asian Studies Librarian at Indiana University
- Senior Officer for Community Relations Division
- SPAFA is seeking to fill TWO RESEARCHER POSITIONS
- Part-time Vietnamese Instructor University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- Lecturer in Archaeological Science, Australian National Univ.
- Program Coordinator (Center for Asian Research) Arizona State University
- Lecturer in Twentieth-Century International History at University of Leeds.
- Associate/Full Professor, Global Christianity, Divinity School
- Assistant Professor, Department of American Studies at Wesleyan University