Funding | Jobs | Conferences | Workshops | Journals
Calls for papers and submissions to journals showcasing work on Southeast Asia.
CFP – Forest & Society Special Section – Flood Governance in the Asia-Pacific: Risk, Politics, and Resilience
In this special issue, we aim to engage theoretically and empirically towards a greater understanding of flooding and its relationship to vulnerability and resilience in the Asia-Pacific region. This includes a critical examination of existing FRM models and practices, as well as the various politics and discourses that shape the complexity of flood regimes and governing systems.
CFP: Tourism and Covid-19 in Southeast Asia.
If you have a perspective on how the pandemic has affected the tourism industry anywhere in Southeast Asia, please consider getting in touch with MJTrew@gmail.com.
Queer Southeast Asia
Queer Southeast Asia is reading submissions now: poetry, creative prose, book review & essay, interview, hybrid work, visual art.
We want articles that are grounded in Southeast Asia expertise, offer fresh observations, and ask interesting questions.
CFP – Journal of Vietnamese Studies
Articles for Journal of Vietnamese Studies should generally be 8,000 to 15,000 words, not including all endnotes and references.
Journal of Applied History
Unlike other journals, the Journal of Applied History offers a platform for articles in which the results of historical research are applied to present-day issues.
Previous Journals Posts
- Critical Asian Studies
- Journal of Burma Studies Special Issue: Gender and Social Change in Myanmar
- eTropic special issue: Tropical Imaginaries and Climate Crisis
- The ethics of research in South and Southeast Asian borderlands
- Philippine Studies: Historical and Ethnographic Viewpoints special issue on Science and Technology Studies
- Mekong River: Towards an integrated approach of Impact, Monitoring, Modelling and Control for Environmental Sustainability” Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (EMAS)