CRCS Newsletter November 2019
The Center, in its partnership with the Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies (CRCS), Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, is proud to feature CRCS’ new newsletter. The monthly-published issues will be featured in the CSEAS newsletter and highlighted here on our website. Check out our Religion & Diversity Initiative page to see more publications from CRCS.
This month’s newsletter features students’ essays reviewing books, religious communities, and a field trip. As well as this, the launching of our new documentary film series! Titled Indonesian Pluralities, the first film was launched just last week. Check the latest updates about the series on our social media.
- Introducing the Indonesian Pluralities (English)
- In the Name of Belief – Trailer (Indonesian)
- Forging sacred spaces through sound: the Matua community (English)
- Who has the right to speak on behalf of women? (Indonesian)
- Class analysis in religious studies (Indonesian)
- Ilawe: Christians and Muslims build mosques and churches (Indonesian)
- Before literalism: how was scripture read? (Indonesian)
- Problematizing Harari: is religion simply a myth? (Indonesian)
- Glocalized religions: a visit to places of worship in Yogyakarta (English)