CRCS Newsletter February 2019
The Center, in its partnership with the Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies (CRCS), Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, is proud to feature CRCS’ new newsletter. The monthly-published issues will be featured in the CSEAS newsletter and highlighted here on our website. Check out our Religion & Diversity Initiative page to see more publications from CRCS.
Read the February newsletter online here.
This month’s newsletter features three contentious issues that have emerged in Indonesia’s 2019 elections: contesting the state ideology of Pancasila, disputing the proposed bill to eradicate sexual violence, and interpreting Jokowi’s vice-presidential candidate. Other articles discuss the politics of religion in Malaysia and village revitalization in East Nusa Tenggara.
- 2019 elections: Pancasila contested (English and Indonesian)
- The bill on the Elimination of Sexual Violence: Why is it being problematized? (Indonesian)
- How moderate has Ma’ruf Amin become? (English)
- Judicialization of religion and its impacts in Malaysia (Indonesian)
- Lakoat.Kujawas’ adat-based village revitalization in East Nusa Tenggara (Indonesian)
- CRCS-ICRS Wednesday Forum schedule (English)