Call for Editors
Please note: All editorial positions for 2019 have been filled.
You can subscribe to the CSEAS newsletter to keep up to date with Center news, including EXPLORATIONS announcements.
EXPLORATIONS: a graduate journal of Southeast Studies is seeking graduate students to serve on its editorial board to publish the next issue of EXPLORATIONS. Potential editors must be currently-enrolled graduate students with preference given to those students who study Southeast Asia. Applicants from any discipline are welcome.
The principle mission of EXPLORATIONS is to offer a forum for students to present disciplinary and interdisciplinary research on a broad range of issues relating principally to the region that today constitutes Southeast Asia. Embracing both the diversity of academic interests and scholastic expertise it is hoped that this forum will introduce students to the work of their colleagues, encourage discussion both within and across disciplines, and foster a sense of community among those interested in Southeast Asia.
Recent and past editions of EXPLORATIONS with unique URLs suitable for academic citation are available for download from ScholarSpace, the University of Hawaii’s Institutional Repository. You can also find copies of the journal on the EXPLORATIONS website.
- Strong English language ability
- Background in proofreading and editing
- Basic skills in Microsoft office
- Strong communications skills
- Interest in graphic design
- Ability in any Southeast Asian language
- Experience in Southeast Asia scholarship and research
- Developing a theme and set the perimeters for each volume of the journal
- Advertising the call for papers by contacting Southeast Asia research centers and scholars
- Maintaining a visible online presence that communicates with potential submitters
- Editing accepted submission
- Collaborating with authors.
- Formatting both printed and electronic copies of the journal.
- Finalizing journal for publication.
If you are interested in applying to be an EXPLORATIONS editorial board member, please contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org. Editorial board members receive a stipend for their work.