CRCS Newsletter March 2019
The Center, in its partnership with the Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies (CRCS), Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, is proud to feature CRCS’ new newsletter. The monthly-published issues will be featured in the CSEAS newsletter and highlighted here on our website. Check out our Religion & Diversity Initiative page to see more publications from CRCS.
This month’s newsletter features essays on the latest Nahdlatul Ulama (NU)’s conference, the Christchurch terror attack, Pancasila discourse, the Islamist-New Order alliance, and two reports on the Chinese community. We are also happy to announce that admission to CRCS will open next month, and we provide tuition-free scholarships for eligible students.
- NU’s policy on kafir: Not new, but important (English)
- Reading the Christchurch mosque shooter’s manifesto (Indonesian)
- Islamists’ appropriation of Pancasila (English)
- Uncovering FPI’s alliance with Soeharto’s children (English)
- Chinese deity statue and hate spin in East Java (Indonesian)
- Chinese culture week in Yogyakarta (Indonesian; photos)
- Tuition-free scholarship for the 2019/2020 academic year