CRCS Newsletter January 2019
The Center, in its partnership with the Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies (CRCS), Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, is proud to feature CRCS’ new newsletter. The monthly-published issues will be featured in the CSEAS newsletter and highlighted here on our website. Check out our Religion & Diversity Initiative page to see more publications from CRCS.
This month’s newsletter features analysis of the Jakarta government’s recent launch of an app for monitoring religion, a reflection on the 2018 Indonesian Cultural Congress, an interview on minority legal protection, a photo essay on Christmas Eve celebrations in several Yogyakarta churches, and a report from CRCS student activities.
- App for policing religion: Promoting harmony or conflict? (Indonesian)
- Interview on Indonesian legal discourse on minorities (English)
- Christmas eve celebrated in churches in Yogyakarta (Indonesian)
- “Cultural Strategy” and new hopes for protection of diversity (Indonesian)
- A field trip to Hindus’ Pura Jagatnatha in Yogyakarta (English)
- Caritas Germany: globalization and faith-based organization (English)