This Veterans Day weekend, the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Department of Theatre + Dance will feature MemoryHouse: Dreams, a performance of contemporary, hula, and Balinese dance styles, accompanied by projection and video. The show will run from November 11-13 at Kennedy Theatre.
This visual journey explores the immensity of love and memory and the imprint left in our subtle, physical, and earthly bodies. Contemporary dance styles as well as hula and Balinese dance will be performed live and enhanced by projection-scapes and video. The concert will also include an original dance film featuring UHM student performers and student filmmakers from UHM’s Academy for Creative Media in collaboration with filmmakers, dancers, choreographers, and producers from Indonesia, Hawaii, the Pacific Islands, and the U.S.A.
Dates and times:
- Friday, Nov. 11 at 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday, Nov. 12 at 2 P.M. & 7:30 P.M.
- Sunday, Nov. 13 at 2 P.M. & 4:30 P.M.
Location: Galleries of Dance + New Media inside Kennedy Theatre
- $25 Regular
- $22 Seniors, Military, UH Faculty/Staff
- $20 UHAA Members
- $15 Students
- $8 UH Mānoa Students with valid ID
- Throwback Saturday Prices (valid for 11/12 shows only): $5 UHM Student with valid UHM ID; $10 Discount; $15 Regular
For more information, please see the event page.