CRCS Newsletter October 2018
The Center, in its partnership with the Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies (CRCS), Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, is proud to feature CRCS’ new newsletter. The monthly-published issues will be featured in the CSEAS newsletter and highlighted here on our website. Check out our Religion & Diversity Initiative page to see more publications from CRCS.
Read the October newsletter online here.
This month’s newsletter features notes from a seminar on the relation between corruption and religious intolerance; a downloadable book from CRCS’s Diversity Management School (SPK) alumni; two Wednesday Forum reports; and two thesis reviews. The film “Our Land is the Sea” will be screened for the public in Yogyakarta this week.
- The equivocality and malleability of Pancasila (English)
- Reading LSI’s survey on religious intolerance and corruption (Indonesian)
- A book from CRCS’s Diversity Management School alumni (Indonesian)
- The role of bhikkuni within Indonesian Theravada Buddhism (English)
- Contestation over the sacred space of Al-Aqsa (English)
- Finding peace in the midst of disaster and suffering (English)