CSEAS is currently accepting applications for our Public Relations Coordinator Graduate Assistantship who will also work on Vietnamese Film Translation project. To be eligible to apply you must be a full time, classified graduate student in good standing at the University of Hawai’i, Mānoa.
Important: Application period closes on Friday, April 21
For more information on salary and terms and the application process, please see the job posting on Work At UH.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate, subtitle, and edit Vietnamese language film/database/stream library as assigned by associate director.
- Assist associate director with all communications with film project partner in Vietnam.
- Arrange and organize academic talks, conferences, receptions and community outreach activities.
- Design and reproduce informational announcements for Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) programs, including academic talks, special event announcements, online surveys, and podcasts of events as needed.
- Work with CSEAS staff to manage the Center’s social networking efforts via the Hootsuite social media dashboard.
- Coordinate with the web resources coordinator to manage communication with website visitors; maintain, update and create web content; and assist with the CSEAS annual report and other assignments as required.
- Assist the associate director with data gathering for program reports, Center-related administrative needs and hosting public relations jobs skills training workshop as needed.
- Full time, classified graduate student in good standing, focusing on Southeast Asian studies or computer science/humanities/social science/business/language related discipline at the University of Hawai’i.
- Native Vietnamese language proficiency in speaking, reading and writing.
- Near native English language proficiency in speaking, reading and writing.
- Strong knowledge of Mac interface and use of Apple software for Mac-only office.
- Intermediate-Advance proficiency with WordPress (web content management system) with previous experience posting and managing web content.
- Experience with social media marketing and management, i.e. Twitter, Linkedin, Hootsuite, Instagram
- Organizational ability that includes attention to detail, be self-initiating, work with minimum supervision in a sometimes fast paced office environment and work as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Southeast Asian language/culture.
- Familiarity with Mail Chimp/other email marketing software.
- Intermediate-Advance proficiency with Photoshop and Pages for digital media creation.
- Intermediate proficiency with HTML and a keen eye for detail.
- Previous work experience with professional public relations organizations.
- Pending position clearance and availability of funds. Continuation dependent upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds.