Accepting Applications for Grad. Asst.
CSEAS is currently accepting applications for our Public Relations Coordinator Graduate Assistantship who will also work on Vietnamese Film Translation project. To be eligible to apply you must be a full time, classified graduate student in good standing at the University of Hawai’i, Mānoa. Deadline Extended: Application period closes on Friday, May 12 For more information on salary and terms and the application process, please see the job posting on Work At UH.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate, subtitle, and edit Vietnamese language film/database/stream library as assigned by associate director.
- Assist associate director with all communications with film project partner in Vietnam.
- Arrange and organize academic talks, conferences, receptions and community outreach activities.
- Design and reproduce informational announcements for Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) programs, including academic talks, special event announcements, online surveys, and podcasts of events as needed.
- Work with CSEAS staff to manage the Center’s social networking efforts via the Hootsuite social media dashboard.
- Coordinate with the web resources coordinator to manage communication with website visitors; maintain, update and create web content; and assist with the CSEAS annual report and other assignments as required.
- Assist the associate director with data gathering for program reports, Center-related administrative needs and hosting public relations jobs skills training workshop as needed.
- Full time, classified graduate student in good standing, focusing on Southeast Asian studies or computer science/humanities/social science/business/language related discipline at the University of Hawai’i.
- Native Vietnamese language proficiency in speaking, reading and writing.
- Near native English language proficiency in speaking, reading and writing.
- Strong knowledge of Mac interface and use of Apple software for Mac-only office.
- Intermediate-Advance proficiency with WordPress (web content management system) with previous experience posting and managing web content.
- Experience with social media marketing and management, i.e. Twitter, Linkedin, Hootsuite, Instagram
- Organizational ability that includes attention to detail, be self-initiating, work with minimum supervision in a sometimes fast paced office environment and work as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Southeast Asian language/culture.
- Familiarity with Mail Chimp/other email marketing software.
- Intermediate-Advance proficiency with Photoshop and Pages for digital media creation.
- Intermediate proficiency with HTML and a keen eye for detail.
- Previous work experience with professional public relations organizations.
- Pending position clearance and availability of funds. Continuation dependent upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds.