Thailand Fulbright for K-8 Educators
Did you know that the U.S. Department of Education provides grants to K-12 and postsecondary educators to study and travel abroad?
The Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad Program provides short-term seminars abroad for U.S. educators in the social sciences and humanities to improve their understanding and knowledge of the peoples and cultures of other countries. Each seminar features educational lectures and activities specifically designed for the group, including visits to local schools and organizations, meetings with teachers and students, and visits to cultural sites. Participants draw on their experiences during the program to create new, cross-cultural curricula for their classrooms and school systems back in the U.S.
In 2017, summer programs will be offered in Bulgaria, Chile, and Thailand. A total of 48 awards are available (sixteen per program). The program covers airfare, room and board, and program costs. Teacher participants are responsible for a cost-share of $600.
In order to be eligible for the Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad program, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Must have at least 3 years of full-time teaching or administrative experience by time of departure
- Must be currently employed full-time in a U.S. school, institution of higher education, Local Educational Agency, State Educational Agency, library, or museum as a teacher/ administrator
- Must be an educator in the Arts, Humanities, or Social Sciences (this criterion does not apply to administrators)
- Must work at the grade level of the seminar
- Must be physically and psychologically able
Apply Online – Deadline: December 28, 2016
The 2017 Seminars Abroad application is now available on the G5 website at www.g5.gov. If you are a new user, click “Sign Up” on the G5 Homepage. Once registered and activated, click on “Package Submission” under Grant Setup. Follow the steps provided, filling out the forms and uploading the necessary files. See the Application package for more detailed directions.Learn More