Graduate Certificate in SE Asian Studies
The UH Mānoa Asian Studies Program offers seven Graduate Certificates that are open to all students of graduate standing who meet the admissions requirements. To obtain a certificate, students must complete five relevant courses (15 credits) and demonstrate basic competence in an Asian language. Students may apply for one of the following seven programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Chinese Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Japanese Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Korean Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Philippine Studies
- Graduate Certificate in South Asian Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Southeast Asian Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Inter-Asian Studies
The Graduate Certificate Program in Southeast Asian Studies affords a structured way for graduate and professional students to gain cutting-edge knowledge of Southeast Asia, augment their major field of study, and enhance future employment opportunities. With a wide variety of courses crosscutting many disciplines, students can tailor the certificate program to meet their academic and career goals.
Who can apply?
- Individuals with a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited United States college/university or its equivalent from a recognized foreign institution of higher learning.
- Students currently enrolled in any master’s, doctoral, or professional degree program at UHM.
For questions and further information, please contact the Asian Studies Graduate Chair, Dr. Cathryn Clayton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.