The UH Mānoa Asian Studies Program offers seven Graduate Certificates that are open to all students of graduate standing who meet the admissions requirements. To obtain a certificate, students must complete five relevant courses (15 credits) and demonstrate basic competence in an Asian language. Students may apply for one of the following seven programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Chinese Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Japanese Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Korean Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Philippine Studies
- Graduate Certificate in South Asian Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Southeast Asian Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Inter-Asian Studies
The Graduate Certificate Program in Southeast Asian Studies affords a structured way for graduate and professional students to gain cutting-edge knowledge of Southeast Asia, augment their major field of study, and enhance future employment opportunities. With a wide variety of courses crosscutting many disciplines, students can tailor the certificate program to meet their academic and career goals.
Who can apply?
- Individuals with a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited United States college/university or its equivalent from a recognized foreign institution of higher learning.
- Students currently enrolled in any master’s, doctoral, or professional degree program at UHM.
For questions and further information, please contact the Asian Studies Graduate Chair, Dr. Cathryn Clayton, at email@example.com.