2017-2018 FLAS Fellowship Application Now Open
The Center for Southeast Asian Studies offers academic year and/or summer Foreign Language & Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships that include tuition and stipend. The fellowship is open to U.S. citizen and permanent resident undergraduate and graduate students for study at UH-Mānoa. Undergraduate & Graduate Student FLAS Fellowships Term: Academic Year 2017-18 and/or Summer 2017 Application Deadline: Monday, January 16, 2017 Eligibility & Fellowship Information
- FLAS awards are subject to funding by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must be full-time, classified students at UH-Mānoa (UHM) or in the process of applying to a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate program at UHM at the time of application.
- FLAS recipients must be full-time, classified, degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate students at UHM at the time of the award.
- Fellowships are awarded for one academic year and/or one summer at a time (see below) and recipients may apply again for continued funding for up to two years of the Fellowship.
- Fieldwork/Research: FLAS Fellowships are not a stipend for research or fieldwork. Please check with your academic department for possible fieldwork funding opportunities or see our Scholarships and Upcoming Funding pages. Applications for the Luce Fellowship for Research and Advanced Language Training are being accepted until December 1, 2016.