CRCS Newsletter December 2018: Wed. Forum Recap
The Center, in its partnership with the Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies (CRCS), Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, is proud to feature CRCS’ new newsletter. The monthly-published issues will be featured in the CSEAS newsletter and highlighted here on our website. Check out our Religion & Diversity Initiative page to see more publications from CRCS.
As this semester’s Wednesday Forum has ended, we would like to convey our gratitude to all who have been involved: all the speakers, CRCS’s and ICRS’s faculty and staff members and students as well as those who have attended and participated. The forum is jointly organized by both the Center for Religious and Crosscultural Studies (CRCS) of Universitas Gadjah Mada and the Indonesian Consortium for Religious Studies (ICRS) as a weekly lecture and discussion forum for the public on topics related to interdisciplinary research on religion.via the Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies
This month’s CRCS newsletter features a recap of the twelve Wednesday Forum held this semester along with their streamed video on Facebook and poster. The forum will resume in the starting week of the next semester in early February.
A selection of the most recent forums. Check out the newsletter for links to recordings of these and all Fall 2018 forums!
- 5 December: Emerging digital Islamic Socialities among Bandung’s Youth. Speaker: Dayana Lengauer [Video]
- 28 November: Lakoat Kujawas and Village Revitalization Based on Mollo Tradition. Speaker: Dicky Senda [Video]
- 21 November: Broken Marriage: A Perspective from Gender Studies. Speaker: Siti Syamsiyatun [Video]
- 14 November: Sufis, Soldiers, and the State: A State-Tariqa Alliance in Contemporary Java. Speaker: Ismail Fajrie Alatas [Video]
- 7 November: Peace Education for Inner Transformation in Higher Education. Speaker: Le Ngoc Bich Ly [Video]