Educational Specialist (Associate Director) at the Center for Chinese Studies
The Center for Chinese Studies, College of Arts, Languages and Letters at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa is seeking for an Educational Specialist (Associate Director). Main duties include:
• Serves as the Educational Specialist (Associate Director) and programmatic manager for the Center for Chinese Studies (CCS); provides leadership in the management of CCS’ academic and research endeavors.
• Coordinates and resolves all operational and administrative matters of the Center in accordance with current policies, procedures, and directions.
• Collaborates with the Director on organizing professional events, overseeing the logistics of the Hawaii International Conference on Chinese Studies (HICCS) conferences, CCS Webinar Series, publications, etc.
• Develops and maintains a database of quantitative records and program activities of the CCS projects, including publications, conferences, symposia, CCS Webinars seminars, special events.
• Administers and oversees the grant-funded projects of CCS.
• Coordinates the announcements, applications for all CCS Scholarship & Awards, and resolves post-award issues.
• General supervision over the day-to-day management of the Center, coordinating work schedules and assignments.
• Acts as a consultant and resources person to the nominal editor of China Review International (CRI) journal and the Managing Editor.
• Responsible for updating and managing the CCS Website and social media accounts.
• Responsible for maintaining and tracking the Center’s computers and peripherals.
• Develops and coordinates the Center’s Outreach and K-16 programs/projects.
• Keeps abreast of all University, State, and Federal rules, practices, and policies which are applicable to CCS’ academic and research endeavors.
• Serves as Acting Director in absence of Center Director.
Additional information can be found on the UHM Career Opportunities page [new window]
Applications are open until August 7, 2023.