FLAS Fellowship Application Period Open Nov 1, 2017
The Center for Southeast Asian Studies offers academic year and/or summer Foreign Language & Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships that include tuition and stipend. This is for the 2018-19 academic year, including summer 2019.
Deadline is Tuesday, January 16, 2018, at 11:59 PM.
For more information, including requirements and how to apply, see the FLAS Fellowship overview page.
Fellowship & Eligibility Information
- FLAS awards are subject to funding by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must be full-time, classified students at UH-Mānoa (UHM) or in the process of applying to a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate program at UHM at the time of application.
- FLAS recipients must be full-time, classified, degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate students at UHM at the time of the award.
- Fellowships are awarded for one academic year and/or one summer at a time (see below) and recipients may apply again for continued funding for up to two years of the Fellowship.
- Fieldwork/Research: FLAS Fellowships are not a stipend for research or fieldwork.